Today's Devotional Thought
August 21, 2012 by Rachel Piferi
Sometimes, life can get a little too serious. I am really guilty of getting serious and staying serious. And, the Lord is really showing me when I need to stop thinking, kick back, and enjoy the frivolity of life. Sometimes, we need to just talk about random things, bounce on a trampoline, enjoy a sunset, or take time to enjoy the lighter side of life.
In that spirit, today's devotion is going to be more of a frivolous Tuesday post.
Much like the sort of conversation that might develop on a long road trip when you start playing the game of random questions like "Which would you rather be: an astronaut or a Broadway star?"
I believe that God loves when our hearts are carefree and enjoying the lighter side of life. Sure, he brings great moments of seriousness into our life. But, he also brings light hearted moments for us to enjoy and refresh within. And today, that is what we are going to sit in for a while.
To help you get to know us a little more, I have compiled a list of 25 random things about myself (and next week, Wendy will do the same). They are silly, fun, and just a break from the seriousness of this world.
1. I am a natural redhead (and if you ask those closest to me, I have all of the stereotypical traits of one!).
2. My favorite city in the world is Vienna, Austria. I only spent about 16 hours there one summer, but fell in love with it instantly. I would love to return.
3. I am a huge Reba McEntire fan.
4. I broke my leg in college doing the Y-M-C-A on roller skates.
5. I love road tripping with my BFF - we have ended up quite a few unexpected places over the years.
6. When I hear "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood, I cry every time.
7. I am a huge Tennessee Football fan. When we moved to Maryland, I painted one of our rooms Tennessee orange!
8. My favorite movie is Gone with the Wind.
9. I drive fast. I am working on that. Sort of.
10. I love escargot.
11. I am a child of the 80's and loved 80's hair!
12. I would love to live in New York City one day - right in the heart of Manhattan.
13. I am a dreamer.
14. My favorite book of the Bible is James.
15. My favorite Bible verse is Ephesians 3:20 in the Message: "God can do anything you know, far more than you can ever imagine, guess or request in your wildest dreams."
16. I believe in miracles.
17. My favorite family vacation was a trip to California where my husband and I drove the coast from Los Angeles to San Francisco, stopping at many little seaside towns on the way. It took us a long time, but it was amazing.
18. I love southern California.
19. I have ridden a mechanical bull in Texas. I did not stay on long.
20. The Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee is one of my favorite hotels in the world.
21. I love to read. I hated to read when I was in college.
22. Shoes and purses are my big shopping weakness.
23. I am competitive.
24. God knew exactly what he was doing when he introduced me to my husband.
25. I love Jesus with all my heart and want nothing more than for others to know this amazing Savior who has blessed me, grown me, loved me, redeemed me, and saved me. I am absolutely in love with Him and studying His Word brings me more joy and fulfillment than anything I have ever done in my entire life.
Oh, and I would choose broadway star!
Have a great Tuesday!